I love to use my crock pot for cooking. I can put in my ingredients and walk away to continue my work in other project and places. I know we are all trying to reduce our sugar consumption but once in a when a special occasions happens and we want to treat ourselves and our families. Making this cake was one of those rare times.
Today I experimented with anew recipe, Gooey Peanut Butter Chocolate Crock Pot Cake. This was a hit with Gene and would be an easy to make dish to take to a potluck as well.
Gooey Peanut Butter Chocolate Crock Pot Cake
(Adapted from Taste of Home Slow Cooker)
1 ¾ cup sugar divided (I use coconut sugar)
1 cup 2$ milk (I used almond milk)
¾ cup creamy peanut butter (I used almost butter)
3 Tbsp. canola oil (I use olive oil)
2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup baking cocoa, divided
3 tsp. baking powder
2 cup boiling water
Salted peanuts, optional (I use walnuts)
- In a large bowl, beat one cup sugar, milk, peanut butter and oil until well blended. (I used a blender.)
- In another bowl whisk flour., 1/2 cup cocoa and baking powder; gradually beat into peanut butter mix (batter will be thick.)
- Transfer to a greased 5 qt. slow cooker (I greased with olive oil)
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining sugar and cocoa. Stir in water. Pour over batter (do not stir.)
- Cook covered on high 2 to 2 ½ hours or until toothpick comes out clean.
- If desired sprinkle with peanut or walnuts.
- Serve also with French vanilla ice cream or yogurt.
- Small House homesteader, Donna