I am always looking to learn new tips and techniques to become a better chicken keeper. With my personality, I typically leave no stone unturned…I research on-line, talk to other keepers, read magazines and books and take away what works for me.
I get questions from beginning chicken keepers from time-to-time so I created this resource to help you get started.
My Favorite Chicken On-Line Groups:
1) Poultry Natural Living & Herbal Care https://www.facebook.com/groups/herbalpoultrycare
2) Chicken, Critters, Crops and More! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
My Favorite Chicken Bloggers:
These two chicken bloggers have blogs that are chock full of informative chicken raising articles that are not to be missed. These are my favorite two.
1) The Chicken Chick http://thechickenchick.com
2) Fresh Eggs Daily http:/fresheggsdaily.com
My Favorite How-to Chicken Books:
1. The Small-Scale Poultry Flock: An All-Natural Approach to Raising Chickens and Other Fowl for Home and Market Growers, by Harvey Ussery with a Foreword by Joel Salatin. his website is The Modern Homestead http://www.themodernhomestead.us
2) Storey’s Guide to Raising Chickens, by Gail Damerow (care/feeding/facilities)
These will make for some good winter reading!
Small House Homesteader, Donna